Sandwich class was held at Kumano Junior High School in Kitanagoya City in Aichi Prefecture on October 8, 2016. This class was planned as a part of the school’s local community event, hosted by Kumano Junior High School in cooperation with Kitanagoya City Dietary Health Mate Council, Yamazaki Baking Co., Ltd.Inc., Kewpie Eggs Inc., NGO Healthy City Support Organization
Recently, deterioration of children’s communication skills, problem finding skills, and
social skills are indicated. Primary cause is isolation from local community accompanied by falling birthrate, dissemination of internet, and urbanization.
To solve the problem, role of school and local society has been closed up. It is important for children to acquire wisdom, ability to think, and social skills at school while interacting family and people in local community. In this respect, the Education, Science and Technology Ministry facilities “Community School” where school, family and local community collaborate to support children’s growth, and local governments are engaging in the event with which citizens and school work together for children.
Kumano Junior High School holds such event very year and invites local citizen with skills, such as picture postcard, Japanese drum, tea ceremony, and Origami, as instructors. For Sandwich Class, members of Kitanagoya City Dietary Health Mate Council were invited under theme of “Cooking”. Yamazaki Baking Co., Ltd. and Kewpie Eggs Inc., supplied ingredient with cooperation of NGO Healthy City Support Organization.
●Rolling Sandwich with sea flavor
- Royal Bread (8 cuts)
- Toasted laver (1/2)
- Crab flavored fish paste
- Mayonnaise (1 scoop of tablespoons)
- Cucumbers (1/8)
- Sliced cheese (1 sheet)
- Royal Bread (6 cuts)
- Kewpie’s "Delicious Eggs Salad"
- Lettuces (1/2)
- Cherry tomatoes (2)
- Inha gar
- Sugar 50 g
- Water 300 cc
- Apple juice 50 g
- Apple (1/4)
-Comparing last year, this sandwich menu was deluxe.
Last year, we only had bracken rice cake and jelly.
- I thought students won’t eat so much because the sandwich class was after having
lunch; however, they ate well.
- Teachers ate the left over in teachers’ room. It was excellent reputation.
- It was good to teach student to make use of bread crust as a part of ingredient.
- Idea of using crab stick and laver was impressive.
- We could finish the class on time because making sandwich is relatively simple, and clean up is easy.
- It was pleasurable.
- Rolling sand was particularly delicious.
- Laver and cheese was mixing well.
- We can make it at home easily and it is nice.
- I have never made it, but it was delicious and simple than I thought.
- Laver was responding to sandwich unexpectedly.